Early on the pandemic, this Big4 Consulting Firm has decided to review its Workplace Strategy to anticipate the end of their lease in 2024, while also deciding on measures to take to improve its employee experience and its cost structure over the short term. We’ve helped the Real Estate Team by conducting a workplace strategy assessment and providing them with the tools to select one scenario. This led to the immediate release of more than 4,000 sq.m. surplus space, e.g. 10% of their local footprint, and a planned reduction of 25% of their TCO.
In March 2020, this large consulting firm decided to review its workplace strategy to anticipate the end of their lease in 2024. The mission we conducted happened during the Covid-19 pandemic which created additional complexity for defining the right long-term workplace strategy.
- 5,200 employees
- 44,000 sq.m.
- TCO / year: € 4 M
- Future-proof workplace strategy
- Sustainable TCO reduction
- Talent retention / attraction
- Outside-in: workplace trends, location and workplace strategies’ benchmark
- Workplace strategy validation
- Short-term: release of surplus space – 4,000 m2 or 10% – immediate TCO reduction / implementation of a flex space strategy
- Long-term: real estate master plan to generate 25% TCO savings (and 40% core space reduction) and a liquid workplace plan suiting client business needs and employee new ways of working
- Layout modifications to provide more 2-3P rooms and reduce the number of alternatives spots – while improving the location/usability of those who remain
We take our clients’ confidentiality seriously. While we’ve changed their names, the results are real.